The Housing Hub’s goal is twofold:
- To help people with disability find suitable housing.
- To help housing providers (i.e. home owners, developers, organisations and agents) find tenants for vacant or partly-vacant properties.
To ensure people using the website are adequately protected, we review new housing provider registrations before approving them, which usually occurs within 6 to 24 hours (often sooner).
Who can register as a housing provider?
- Registered Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) Providers
- Registered Supported Independent Living (SIL) Providers
- Registered Short Term Accommodation (STA) Providers
- Supported Residential Services (SRS) or Residential Facilities (SRF)
- Government Providers
- Community Housing Providers (CHP), Housing Associations or Co-Ops
- Host Families & those seeking co-tenancy
- Private Housing owners (includes people looking for co-tenants)
- Real Estate Agents
If your situation is not included in this list, please contact us to find out if you are eligible to advertise your vacancies. At present The Housing Hub does not allow people to post “Looking for house mates” advertisements but it is something we a considering for the near future.