Short-Term Respite Accomodation
16 hours awake, 8 hours sleepover
Located in a quiet residential area, this home is located a short walk from Wulkuraka train station and outdoor parks, and a short drive to local shops. It’s also in an ideal position located just off the Warrego Highway.
This four bedroom house offers all of the comforts of home, including a spacious bedroom and freshly prepared meals that cater to all dietary requirements. Team members are on hand to provide 24 hour support, with a focus on improving independence through life skills. Guests are encouraged to practice daily living tasks such as meal choices and prep, and general daily living tasks independently.
• open-plan kitchen
• dining and living room with TV
• tidy bathroom with separate shower and bath
• Air conditioning in living area
• Outdoor patio with BBQ
• fully fenced backyard with lawn and garden
• bed with all linen provided
• wardrobe and dresser
• smart TV in each bedroom
• ceiling fan and window for breezes.
Staying at our Wulkuraka house is the perfect opportunity to practice independent living skills, providing a way to work towards moving to a Supported Independent Living arrangement in the future.
There are a range of options to meet each guest’s interests and needs. They include:
• travel training, with public transport a short walk away
• budgeting and helping with meal preparation
• practice with other daily living tasks such as washing, and daily chores
This lovely home caters to guests with a disability. Our homes are as individual as each guest and so our team members will cater their support to each person’s needs.