Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
This house currently offers staff support seven days a week. The house is staffed overnight and is a sleepover model.
Staff support is provided by Aruma.
Where is this house?
- The house is located in the tree-lined suburb of Thomastown in Melbourne's North.
- The property is close to Thomastown train station, local shops (on High Street) and the recreation and aquatic centre.
- The local bus stop is a six minute walk away.
About this property
- The house comprises six bedrooms, two bathrooms and a laundry.
- The spacious open plan kitchen leads to a meals and living area.
- A separate lounge room is currently set up as a sensory room.
- The rear of the house provides a pleasant outdoor space for relaxation.
- The house is wheelchair accessible, however there is currently no capacity for an overhead hoist.
- The SDA design category for this property is Fully Accessible.
- Support services are delivered by Aruma.
- The house offers support seven days a week with a sleepover support model at night.
About the vacant room
- The vacant room has a large window and measures approximately three by three metres.
- The room has built in robes with shelving.
Who lives in this house?
- The current residents are all female between 22 and 59 y
- The current residents prefer a structured routine and enjoy activities at the house including drawing, watching TV and listening to music. They also enjoy drives to the country, going for a picnic and dining out.
Things the applicant needs to know
- You must be must be 18 years old or over.
- This is an enrolled Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) property. Therefore, the applicant would need to be eligible for the appropriate SDA level of funding in the applicant's NDIS plan.
- The applicant will need to be able to pay rent and utilities.
- The applicant or their important person will need to establish a Residential Agreement.
- The SDA building type for this house is Group Home.
- The SDA design category for this house is Fully Accessible.
- Please contact the North Division Vacancy Coordination Team on email@example.com if you would like more information on this property.