Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
The house currently offers support seven days a week with a sleepover support model at night.
The support service provider for this house is Possability.
Where is this house?
- The house is located in Ararat and sits on a large block.
- It is close to a bus stop and is less than two kilometres from Ararat's city centre.
About this house
- The house features five bedrooms, two bathrooms and has an an open plan kitchen, living and dining area.
- The house has an undercover outdoor area and a large backyard for residents to enjoy.
- The current residents enjoy looking after chickens and birds that live in the backyard.
- The house is wheelchair accessible however, does not have hoists for manual handling needs.
- The SDA design category for this house is Fully Accessible.
About the vacant room
- The room on offer can accommodate a double bed, a tall boy and has built in robes.
- The room is not large enough for a wheelchair.
Who lives in this house?
- The current residents are all male.
- The residents are encouraged to participate in house decision making.
- The current residents have lived together for many years and look forward in welcoming a new person to share their home.
- Staff support is currently provided by Possability.
- The house currently offers support seven days per week and staffed overnight (sleepover model).
Things you need to know
- The applicant must be 18 years or over.
- This is an enrolled Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) property. Therefore, the applicant would need to be eligible for the appropriate SDA level of funding in the applicant’s NDIS plan.
- The applicant will need to be able to pay rent and utilities.
- The applicant or their important person will need to establish a Residential Agreement.
- The SDA building type for this house is Group Home.
- The SDA design category is Fully Accessible.
- Please contact the West Division Vacancy Coordination Team on email@example.com if you would like further information on this property.