Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
This house currently offers staff support seven days a week with a sleepover support model at night.
The current support service provider for this property is Aruma.
Where is this house?
- The house is located in the northern Melbourne suburb of Reservoir.
- The property is only a ten-minute walk to Ruthven train station.
- Local shops, including a café, milk bar and post office, are all a convenient five-minute walk away.
- Residents can also access reserves and a variety of sporting grounds that are nearby.
About this property
- The house comprises six bedrooms. Three are currently vacant.
- There is also a large open plan kitchen, two dining areas and two living areas.
- A spacious undercover outdoor area and luscious gardens are available for residents to enjoy.
- The house is wheelchair accessible with wide hallways and doorways.
- There is a ceiling hoist in the main bathroom.
- The house design category is Basic.
About the vacant rooms
- The single vacant room at the rear of the setting has a large window and is approximately three metres squared. The room has a built-in robe.
- The two vacant rooms at the front of the setting are wheelchair accessible and have ceiling track hoists fitted.
Who lives in this house?
- The current residents in the house are aged between 57 and 74 and are all male.
- The residents are friendly and are actively involved in household decision making and activities in the local community.
- They also enjoy their own space and privacy.
- This house currently offers staff support seven days a week with a sleepover support model at night.
- The current support service provider for this property is Aruma.
Things the applicant needs to know
- The applicant must be 18 years old or over.
- This is an enrolled Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) property. Therefore, the applicant would need to be eligible for the appropriate SDA level of funding in the applicant’s NDIS plan.
- The applicant will need to be able to pay rent and utilities.
- The applicant or their important person will need to establish a Residential Agreement.
- The SDA building type for this house is Group Home.
- The SDA design category is Basic.
- Please contact the North Division Vacancy Coordination Team on email@example.com if you would like further information on this vacancy.