Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
We are committed to creating a community where people of all abilities thrive.
Where is this home?
- This property is centrally located in Echuca on a quiet residential street, accessible public transport, shops 10 minutes’ walk away and Echuca Regional Health 3 minutes walk.
About this home
- The house is a single storey brick veneer dwelling managed by Vivid.
- Accessible entry at patio leads you to an entry foyer with adjoining staff office.
- 1 bedroom with a purpose built ensuite is located of the entry foyer.
- 5 bedrooms all with built in robes are off a main adjoining hallway providing access to main bathroom, toilet, shower room.
- A large lounge, dining and accessible kitchen are located in the heart of the home.
- An accessible deck provides views of the large backyard, which can be accessed via ramps to a large undercover entertaining area with bbq facilities.
- The setting would suit a person who has a limited or good level of mobility.
Who lives in the house
- Residents are male and female aged between 18 and 67 years.
- The residents participate in a range of both group and individual outings including eating at the many clubs, hotels and restaurants, dancing, personal training, bush walks, visits to public parks and gardens, they are very social, have various interests and individual weekly routines.
- The house would be suited to people who require support with activities of daily living
About the Staff
- Staff work from a person centered approach with the residents to identify their goals and ambitions.
- Experienced staff provide assistance with or supervision of the tasks of daily life is provided with the focus on necessary assistance, supervision and skill development to live a quality life and encourage active participation in the community also.
- The residents are encouraged to actively participate in the running of their home and developing their independent living skills.
Factors to consider if you are interested in applying:
- The applicant is aged 18 years or older
- The support model is suitable to meet the individual’s support requirements.
- The applicant has the financial means to pay rent or Board and Lodgings.
- You or your important person will need to sign an agreement
- The property is available to NDIS participants that have an existing individual plan which includes SDA at a minimum of "Fully Accessible" level. Participants will also require adequate NDIS funding (SIL) to cover the cost of one-to-one and shared supports provided within the home.
How do I get further information about this house?
- You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inspections by appointment only
- Registrations can be submitted via email to email@example.com