Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
6 brand new architecturally designed homes, each for two tenants with disability. Imagine life in a brand-new home designed with your needs in mind and a beautiful design that you will be proud to call it home!
Move in with a friend who also has SDA funding, or with a housemate you haven’t met yet. Either way, you have a say in who you live with!
Each of the Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) homes in this development is single-storey and features 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a double garage. You and your housemate will each have a bedroom with its own bathroom and there is an extra bathroom for visitors. The house includes the latest technology to maximise your safety and independence, as well as provision for overnight assistance (OOA).
These 6 homes are part of the beautiful Amity estate being built in the heart of Narangba – with lush green parklands, pathways and quality homes. This is urban living at its best.
Amity is a short distance to the Narangba Train Station, with Mango Hill and Petrie Stations just a couple of stops away.
Direct access to the Bruce Highway means the Brisbane CBD is just a 35-minute drive away, and the glorious Sunshine Coast is just 40 minutes away. The recently expanded Westfield North Lakes, Costco and Ikea are your new local retailers, all a 10-minute drive away.
Each SDA home in this estate features:
• Modern and striking architectural design
• Beautiful functional kitchen with provision for height-adjustable bench tops
• Safe and functional ensuites designed for wheelchair access
• Open-plan living areas
• Fully-maintained landscaped garden
• The latest in assistive technology
• Emergency communication system
• Emergency back-up power system
• Certification to Liveable Housing Australia’s Platinum Standard
• Compliance with SDA High Physical Support needs category
Each home can be customised to suit the individual needs of tenants and feature the latest smart-home technology, including the ability to use a personal device to control lights, blinds, access doors, air-conditioning and intercom.
Questions you may have:
1. Do I need to get SDA funding in my NDIS Plan before I apply?
No. We can help you work out if you may be eligible for SDA funding (at the right level) and support you through the process of applying to the NDIA.
2. I like my current support workers. Can they support me in one of these houses?
Absolutely! You and your housemate choose who provides your support and how that should work in your home.
3. Is it expensive to live in one of these houses?
You will need to pay 25% of your Disability Support Pension (plus any Commonwealth Rent Assistance you get). The SDA funding in your NDIS Plan will also be paid to the housing provider.
4. Are all the SDA houses in the Amity estate next to each other?
No, the 6 SDA houses are spaced out throughout the estate.
5. How do I find another person with SDA to share with?
If you don’t know anyone you can share with, we can help connect you. You will have a say in who you share with.
People interested in living in an SDA Liveable Home in Amity estate should apply now!
SDA Liveable Homes have contracted Summer Foundation’s Tenancy Matching Service (TMS) to take enquiries and applications for these homes in the Amity estate, Narangba.
For more information about these homes, eligibility requirements and the application process, please contact Alison Burgess on 0455 119 100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check your eligibility by clicking the button below:
You can view our Frequently Asked Questions below:
* All images used are for illustrative purposes only and are intended to convey the concept and vision for the developments. They may alter as work progresses and do not necessarily represent a true and accurate depiction of the finished product. Specifications may vary.
Floor plans are intended to give a general indication of the proposed layout only. All images and dimensions are not intended to form part any contract or warranty.