Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
Live the life you want in the home you choose
A new option in supported independent living is coming to Ballarat. Eleven brand new purpose-built townhouses will be available to move into in early 2019. Live independently in the community with 24-7 quality, individualised support.
Theses townhouses are designed for NDIS participants who want to increase their independence but require full time support on site. They will be managed as Supported Disability Accommodation under the NDIS.
The organisations involved in this project:
Active Community Housing: the housing association which will act as the landlord, collect rental and SDA payments, and ensure the townhouses are maintained.
Life Without Barriers: the registered disability service provider selected to provide full time supports, including overnight, for participants living in the townhouses.
Residents will require an NDIS Plan which includes goals and funding for “Supported Independent Living”, and ideally a “Specialist Disability Accommodation” allowance in their NDIS Plan.
About the Townhouses
These townhouses are situated in Canadian, Brown Hill and Ballarat East. Each townhouse will have its own entrance and outdoor area. Homes include two bedrooms, a living area, kitchen-dining room, bathroom and laundry.
Special accessible features,
• Non-slip flooring
• Downlights to living areas
• Clipsal Prestige premium toggle switches
• Electric blinds
• High ceilings and doors
• Easy turn taps
• Low maintenance landscaping
• Assistive technology
Factors to consider if you are interested in applying;
• The applicant is aged 18 years or over
• The applicant is eligible for and is able to secure an appropriate level of NDIS funding
• The applicant has the financial means to pay rent and utilities and is prepared to sign (or for a representative to sign) a residential agreement
• Building type for this house is Villa
• Design category for this house is Improved Liveability