Short-Term Respite Accomodation
Great Ocean Stays is a Multi Award Winning Accessible Accommodation Business. Christine Smith (Owner & Manager), is a passionate disability advocate and presents her "AccessOrize Your Biz" speech across the State to tourism operators & the business community. Whilst we strive to offer an excellent housing product for our clients, we are also passionate about spending time in the community to promote equity and inclusion. We are honoured to have been acknowledged several times, here are some of our accolades:
• Deputy-Chair Tourism Greater Geelong & The Bellarine
• Lead the strategic partnership between TGGB and AFDO, $1.3 Million strategy for Greater Geelong and The Bellarine to mentor businesses to be more welcoming of people of all abilities
• Mentor for Bellarine Connections (Disability Support Services)
• Winner 2016, 2017, 2018 Geelong Business Excellence Awards
• Winner 2018 Victorian Disability Award, Excellence in Creating Inclusive Communities
• Finalist 2018 Australian Disability Leadership Institute, National Disability Leadership
• 2018 Geelong Business Excellence Awards "Business of the Year' Finalist
• 2017 Representative on the State Government’s ‘’Accessible City Taskforce’’
About "High Tide House"
Location: Ocean Through Way Ocean Grove
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Suitable For: Small Family or 2 Singles Who have Good Mobility.
Pet Friendly: Yes.
Great Points: Directly opposite the Collendina beach which is accessible year round for pets
Kitchen: Full Kitchen (no dishwasher)
Laundry & Bathroom combined. Dryer included. There is a shower but no bath.
1 x king
1 x queen or 2 skinny singles
1 x single or 1 x full size cot
What our guests say:
“Loved the toys for my kids. Location was very good to be able to go across whenever we liked, and we will return.”
“The house is tiny, probably too small for 3 couples I would say! But for a family it is the perfect little seaside house.”
This listing is offered as Medium Term Accommodation (MTA). MTA can be paid for using a type of core support funding called MTA funding, which is available to some NDIS participants. Housing accepting MTA funding is typically available for up to 90 days and will only cover the cost of the housing and not the support.